The undergraduate major in sociology is broad in scope. It prepares the student for a great variety of public and private sector employment opportunities including market research, personnel, corrections, and health services. Successful students often use their majors as pre-professional preparation for advanced degrees in law, business, teaching, counseling, and various social science based careers.
Lower division courses are NOT offered online for the Soc BA degree. Only upper division courses for the Soc BA degree are offered online.
- SOC 101- Introductory Sociology (3 credits)
- SOC 350- Sociological Foundations (3 credits)
- SOC 351- Sociological Theory (3 credits)
- SOC 352- Social Research: Methods (3 credits)
- SOC 353- Social Research: Analysis (3 credits)
- SOC 401- Introduction to Sociological Practice (3 credits)
- Sufficient electives in sociology to bring total credits to major to 33, including 21 upper division.
Note: A maximum of six credits of Directed Readings (SOC 449 or SOC 449H) is allowed.
You can access a course map here.